In god we trust...all others are suspects

ABOUT ME
Name: bluex232
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Mike and I became parents on March 7th 2008 to a beautiful baby boy Ryne Scott. The main purpose of this blog is to keep our families updated since we are so far away from them. Check back for updates often!!

Archives

Links


Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 26, 2004
if size doesn't matter, why is bigger better....
Man, Monday already....the weekend went pretty fast. Friday after work we went bowling and played some black light mini golf. Gunnar and I both got the ball in the prize hole so we both got to choose a prize. We chose these bendable sticks that have lights in them, not to exciting for me, but Gunnar enjoyed them. Mike won one game, I won a game, and Mike and I tied the last game. It was a pretty good time. I sucked ass at bowling though. I used to bowl on a league in middle school, but man I could tell it had been a while, hehe. But it was a good time anyways, after that we came home and had dinner then watched the Butterfly Effect.

The movie was really good I thought. About a kid who had blackouts as a child, gets to college and finds a way to bring back the memories, then he tried to change the past to make the present better. It’s not really a scary movie, but pretty suspenseful and full of unexpected events. I was not sure how it would be watching Ashton Kutcher in a non-comedy movie, but he didn’t do too bad, there were a couple of parts where he was angry that brought back the thought of Dude, Where’s my Car, but overall you didn’t really notice that it was an actor that is mostly known for being funny.

Saturday we went to Perkins for breakfast then went to Wal-Mart to take the TV back and get the pictures developed. I will post the pictures on my website soon. After that we came home and played some Gauntlet. I really like that game. It was one of my favorites for regular Nintendo, and it’s pretty good now. Blue Wizard kicks ass!! That’s about all we did Saturday. Sunday we slept until about 20 minutes before my parents got into town. We all went to Happy Joe’s for pizza (where I dropped pizza on my lap and had a run-in with a pole), and then stopped at the pet store so my dad could look at dogs, then that’s about it. They left shortly after. Gunnar was upset that he had to leave, I told him he would see me in three days, but he said he would miss having so much fun with me (*tear).

On a happier note, my 32 inch monitor kicks so much more ass than my old one!! It’s great! Mike and I slowly drug it into the bedroom last night to hook it up and check it out. With a few adjustments it was working great! I can’t wait to have everything set up in the new place! I thought about setting it up to run the TV off of it too, but then realized that I really enjoy being on the computer and watching TV so I decided against it, besides my TV is a 27 inch, so it’s not too much smaller. I can learn to live with it, hehe.

Then I started packing for the move. Yes, I know I should have started at least a week ago since I am leaving town Wednesday and won't be back until moving day, but I like to procrastinate, so what can you do? I got four small boxes filled, and packed my breakable stuff. I still need to do the kitchen stuff and the bathroom stuff. Most of the living room stuff is stuff that doesn’t need packing. Mike is going to pack up the electronic stuff while I am out of town so that he can still use them while I am out of town, so that’s stuff that I don’t have to worry about. So I pry got about half of my packing done that I will do before I leave so that’s not too bad. I really can’t wait to move. I decided that I am going to go with the Playboy bunny theme for the new place with a few Eminem posters thrown in. I think they have a Playboy store at the Mall of America, so that should help me out some. And since I will have a little bar area I am thinking about getting the bunny bar stools. After packing Mike and I played a little Gauntlet and went to bed. I suppose I have rambled enough for now....

I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid. You're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world....without you. A world without rules and controls. Without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there, is a choice I leave to you....

Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home