In god we trust...all others are suspects

ABOUT ME
Name: bluex232
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Mike and I became parents on March 7th 2008 to a beautiful baby boy Ryne Scott. The main purpose of this blog is to keep our families updated since we are so far away from them. Check back for updates often!!

Archives

Links


Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, July 13, 2004
its all out in the open....
Yesterday was an ok day; I went and looked at the apartment that I am going to get. I am really excited to move, I need to get the hell out of the apartment I am in. I told the roommates that I was moving out….it was quite an interesting conversation, this is how it went:

ME: hey guys I just wanted to let you know that I found a place to live today
BRIAN: You did!?!? (With a touch of shock in his voice)
ME: yea I did so I will be moving out in August.
BRIAN: the BEGINNING of August?
ME: ahh, yea. I move in on the first.
BRIAN: well who are you living with?
ME: umm, im living alone.
BRIAN: your LIVING ALONE?!?
ME: yea
BRANDI: well were is it at?
ME: on S Dodge, like half a block away from here.
BRANDI: oh.

Silence….

ME: So I am not sure how you want to work out the deposit.
BRANDI: well how does that work, I mean they won’t give us the deposit if some of us are staying will they?
ME: well,no….but because I never gave heritage any money you guys each gave $300 and I just gave you guys the difference, so I need to just work it out with you guys. I figured that I gave you each $75, and since you will not be getting it all back I figured you guys could give me $60 back. That would be $45 that I didn’t get back total, if we all didn’t get $45 back that would be $180 total that we don’t get back from the $900, which I thought seemed about right…..

There was a moment of silence….

BRIAN: so we wont actually see our deposit until next year but will give you yours? Cuz I wont see any of it until then, so I don’t know if I will have the money….
BRANDI: wait so you want $60, so we will each give you $20 right?

A stupefied look came upon my face, and I sat there for a moment….

ME: umm, no….it would be $60 each; I gave you each $75.
BRANDI: oh, well….could I like give you weekly payments?
BRIAN: so we give you sixty, then we keep the deposit next year?

….

ME: umm, yea I don’t get any of the deposit money at the end of the year. And sure if you can’t give it to me all at once, that is fine, but whatever you can give me would be great cuz I have to come up with a deposit for the new place.
BRIAN: ohh, I see….ok well I will have the money for you then in August.
BRANDI: I will give you whatever I can by then.

(which I think was code for how ever much money my mommy can give me I will give you)

I considered talking about me taking the phone and internet with me as well as pretty much all the furniture in the living room, but I decided that was a conversation for another day, I would give them some time to let this set in. hehe. I found it amusing how surprised they both were, I think they thought that them telling us they would not switch rooms, would force us to just work things out. Well that’s not the way it is working, lol.

So today I went and signed the lease for the new place and paid the deposit and first months rent, the rent isn’t due yet but I figured since I have the money now I might as well pay it.

So mom is still sick today, so I don’t think our trip to Valleyfair is going to happen tomorrow, which sucks ass, but hey what can you do. This just adds to my hatred of Burger King however since she has narrowed it down to that being the only thing she had eaten differently from my dad and Gunnar. So now I’m at work in the partial dark because we are saving energy. Yea it’s great. On a happier note I got to watch speed last night. I was totally in love with that movie in middle school. I seriously knew every word to it, and I could just blurt out at least the first hour of it without the movie even playing, it was ridiculous. Hmm, well I guess that’s all for now.
Comments:
well she took high school algebra her first year of college....so yea there is your answer, hehe.
 
Your apartment is very exciting. And Yes I did laugh out loud when reading about what your roomates said. That really cracks me up. I don't want to be mean but Brandi isn't a math girl is she? Or was it the shock that you win?
 
Post a Comment


<< Home