In god we trust...all others are suspects

ABOUT ME
Name: bluex232
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Mike and I became parents on March 7th 2008 to a beautiful baby boy Ryne Scott. The main purpose of this blog is to keep our families updated since we are so far away from them. Check back for updates often!!

Archives

Links


Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 10, 2005
This ain't no picnic Bitch!!
Ok, so I figured that since finals/graduation and the holidays are over now, and have been for a while, it was time for the posting to begin again…hopefully on a more regular basis again…so yea…

The holidays were good, gave some gifts and got some gifts. Went home for a good chunk of time, Sioux City is the same-o same-o….boring and smelly…but you get used to that I guess…spent a lot of time playing games and stuff with Gunnar. He got the Lord of the Rings Risk bored game…..OMG….I will never play that game again! Mom, Gunnar and I played one game from 5:00 till about 10:15….which is about four and a half hours too long. Played and beat a great deal of Halo2, which means we were up playing till about 5:00 A.M. on more than one occasion….So yea, Gunnar can play Halo2 till 5 in the morning, but he couldn’t make it to midnight on New Years from what I hear…go figure. We got a family dog, she’s cute, a dark brown cocker spaniel puppy, we named her Trinity. So I also spent a lot of time puppy sitting, which equivalent to caring for a walking, potty-training, chews on everything 1 year old. But it’s all good. New Years was a good time, went to a couple of parties, and had a few drinks and a few laughs.

I return to Iowa City to find a pile of rubbish at the end of my building, turns out they are replacing the stair case to the second floor apartments, which is great!! I hate the ones there (even if they are sturdy enough to last a lot longer, as I was told….). Another plus…they are at the opposite end of the building as the ones now, which means they will lead right from my parking spot to my apartment, no more walking to the other end of the building to get to the stairs, then back to the other end to my apartment…if that makes since to anyone 8-).

Mom called the other day to inform me that Dad got into an accident with the new car…first off, Dad is OK, and the other driver was OK, having said that…I think its somewhat funny…before you go thinking I'm being mean, let me explain…Dad is anal about the new car…he doesn’t want anyone to drive it (I have driven it once, and Mom has to pull teeth to drive it), when he goes to a store or something, he parks in the spot that is farthest from the door to avoid anyone parking next to him posing the risk of a ‘door ding,’ he doesn’t like to leave it out of the garage because it might get rained on…I think you get the point; so the fact that HE was driving when the accident happen is somewhat humorous to me. I guess he went to the doctor, came home to let the dog out and on the way back to work got in the accident. But as I said everyone is ok, the car is fixable, and Dad’s ‘accident with new cars’ track record has improved from 24 hours to about 8 months so props for that!! 8-)

So going back to work was not something I was looking forward to…as I can pretty much guarantee others weren’t as well…but what can you do...I guess thats all for now.

It's not easy being a cast-iron BITCH. It takes discipline, years of training... A lot of people don't appreciate that. ;-)
Comments:
Hey,

First of all I was never in a wreck in the van, so that kills your 8 month theory all to hell. Unlike you who hit a car the one of the first times if not the first time you ever drove the damn van by yourself.

If these friggen idiots would learn to drive and turn when they indicate they are turning, then all would be fine.

Not sure if the "Bored" game was a play on words of if you just can't spell.

Gunnar is done with Halo2 and VanHelsing, he is now working on Psycho Circus.

LY
 
Yes, I hit a car with the van however I think that you are alloted at least 1 "new driver" accident. So, that one was mine since I had only had my license for a very short time. 8-)

BTW yes, the bored thing was a play on words...
 
Post a Comment


<< Home