In god we trust...all others are suspects

ABOUT ME
Name: bluex232
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Mike and I became parents on March 7th 2008 to a beautiful baby boy Ryne Scott. The main purpose of this blog is to keep our families updated since we are so far away from them. Check back for updates often!!

Archives

Links


Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, May 10, 2005
Pimpin my ride...
Man oh man have I been busy lately. That accounts for the lack of posts lately…but I have quite a few updates to report. Hmm, the good news or the bad news first…lets see…well I think I will go with the good news first…well I guess its not really news, just things I’ve been up to really…anyways. Work is going alright, still working mostly 2nd shifts, and I only have one building left to train at. I went home last weekend (the 29th) and got to spend Gunnar’s birthday with him. We had a good time, played some games, and spent some time out doors. Went over to my grandma’s and had a game night on Sunday, had a lot of fun. Overall I had a pretty good time back home; it was nice to see everyone.

It is now official, my rabbits now have an gender identity crisis, Hugh, is definitely a girl, known by the fact that she got nipples, and Lafawnduh is a boy since he now has balls...yea that may have been a little too much info, but oh well. Lafawnduh has become a lot tamer, he actually runs around the house now and doesn’t just hide under the bed, and a couple of days ago I was sitting on the floor and he hoped up on my lap looking for food. So that’s nice, he didn’t really ever get out much because it took me 20 minutes to catch him when it was time to go back in the cage, now that its not like that I can let him out more.

As for the bad news…yeah…I hit a deer on the way to Sioux City. It happened about an hour and 40 minutes out of Iowa City. My poor car…8-( The deer on the other hand, made it across the road and them some, cuz I didn’t see it other than its head hitting my windshield…It must have been running with the interstate, against traffic. What happened was, a big ass Ford F-150 was coming on to the interstate right after the on ramp there was a semi that was pulled over, so the F-150 got right over into the left lane where I was. He was going slower than I was and so I started to slow down then the deer came out of nowhere right between us from the left. So I think that it was in the middle grass area and the truck was just blocking my view of it, by the time I saw it there was no way I could have stopped in time to miss it. So I tried to just slow down as fast as possible, and turned towards the left to keep off of the road. I hit the deer while I was pry half in the left lane and half in the shoulder. It was no fun, but surprisingly it wasn’t anything like I expected. I guess I thought the car would jerk a lot more but it didn’t really, I didn’t hit the air bag or anything and the only noise was the loud ‘poof’ of the airbags going off.

So yea…I had to have Mike come and pick me up, they towed the car to the nearest city which was Newton. The mechanics there said that it was still drivable, that it didn’t look like it was leaking anything, and that it didn’t look like it punctured the radiator or anything. They didn’t look under the hood cuz they didn’t want to end up not being able to shut it again, but they drove it down the road a ways and it did alright, so I drove it to Sioux City. Mike followed me half way to Sioux City, and my parents met us and followed me the other half just in case the car broke down or something. Took it to Prestige (the Auto Body place) in Sioux City, and they had it all weekend, told me on Tuesday the 3rd that they were totaling the car. The damage wasn’t too bad for a deer I guess, the hood was smashed, the windshield smashed, both airbags deployed, my grill and bumper were all dented and broke, my headlight was all out of place, and my fog light (the one I spent a few hours trying to figure out how to replace the weekend before) didn’t work anymore…oh yea the irony…

So yea, I got about $1200 after they paid off what I owed. So hopefully I will get my new car today!! I am looking at another Grand Am, a 2004 and it’s a really neat silverfish gray color, it’s hard to explain, it’s not the normal Grand Am silver or gray, but I really like it; and I am really ready for it. I have been driving a rent-a-truck all week and it sucks. When I went to get a rental, all they had was a Dodge Dakota king cab, a Ford F-150, and a minivan…so I took the Dodge cuz it was the smallest. Anyways, back to the new car, hopefully my payments will be a bit under $225; otherwise I won’t be getting it. We figured the payments would be like $187 with out an extended warranty and me putting $1200 down (now I’m going to put $1300 down), but I want the warranty, so hopefully that will only be around $1000 for the 3 year. So yea, I am going back at 6:00 tonight and hopefully will be driving a new car home!! Once mom sends me the pictures of my wrecked car, I will post them on my website. I will also post pics of the new car if I get it…more updates to come…8-)

UPDATE: Well I got the car, so I should have pics up soon!! Here is a pic of what the car looks like... http://tinyurl.com/e3eho
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home