In god we trust...all others are suspects

ABOUT ME
Name: bluex232
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Mike and I became parents on March 7th 2008 to a beautiful baby boy Ryne Scott. The main purpose of this blog is to keep our families updated since we are so far away from them. Check back for updates often!!

Archives

Links


Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 14, 2008
Welcome to the World Ryne!!
Well Ryne is finally here, we are soo excited and happy. He is just perfect. Born on the 7th he weighed 6 piunds 10 ounces and was 20 3/4 inches long. I started having sporatic contractions around midnight, and started timing them at around 330. They were two minutes apart. We left for the hospital at about 530. We were 2.5 cm dialated, after about an hour and a half they decided they were going to keep me as we had progressed to 3.5 cm. We walked around the hospital for about an hour at a time, then would rest for about an hour. I asked for the epidural at about noon, contractions were pretty bad and I was exhausted having only slept for about 20 minutes the night before. We were dialated to 5.5 at that time, Of course the anesthesiologist got called in for an emergency C-section so I didnt get the epidural until about 115. I was really nervous about having one, but everything went fine.

After the epidural I was able to relax and get a little sleep here and there, my contractions slowed down to about 7 minutes apart so they started meds to move it along around 200. We had dialated to 6 by then, the nurse came in at about 3 to check me and we were 10 cm!! She said I could either start pushing or labor down for another hour. Since usually first time moms push for 2-3 hours she said that laboring down for an hour would help speed that along a little...so she came back at 4 and the pushing began. I should also mention that just before I started pushing the nurse made the comment, oh look he has the hiccups!! Mike and I just laughed and told her that he was the hiccup king and we have been joking the whole time that he would be born with the hiccups, lol.

Just 23 short minutes later Ryne Scott Musselman was here!! Yep just 23 minutes or about 8 contractions (three pushes with each contraction). Mike got to cut the cord and there were tears all around. He got checked out and was great, starting crying on his own right away and was breathing great!! He took to feeding right away and hasn't really had any problems with that. He did not show any symptoms related to my Strep B so that was great!!

He came home on Sunday and everything has been going really well. He was up about every hour/hour and a half for the first couple of nights, but has started getting into a routine where he will eat between 1030-1130 then sleep until about 430-530 then sleep again until 830-1000. So that has not been too bad. He is pretty well mannered, he doesnt cry much at all (yet, lol). He is awake more each day so that is nice, he loves to be talked to and hummed to (which I am sure is pretty common, lol).

He is a great pooper, lol. I watch the shows on TV where the parents are waiting for their babies to have their first poop, Ryne has about 10 a day, so his pipes are working well, lol. I have posted a bunch of pics on our pictures site, so check those out and stop back for more, I will pry be posting new ones every few days and may not send out an email everytime. And thank you to everyone for the gifts, congrats, and best wishes!! We are so blessed to have so many people that love and care for us!!
Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home